Timber Moisture Meter
timber moisture meter
Measuring instrument for measurements with high water content and large measuring depth. For heating plants using biomass or wood, suppliers of round timber and split logs.
Display of water content
- Measuring range 10 to 60% water content depending on the material represents 150% wood moisture
- Resolution 0.1%
- Accurate temperature measurement because the sensor is positioned near to the sample
- Temperature can be set to °C or °F as required
- Hold funktion, manual saving of results, data log for 10.000 logs with measuring point report
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Large, well-lit LC display
- Measurement within seconds without prior treatment of samples
- Scope of supply: humimeter BLW with rubber protection cover,
ram electrode, measuring electrodes, plastic case and batteries
- Optional: PC interface, PC software, data link cable, printer and isolated nails
- High measuring range to 60% water content represents 150% wood moisture
- Reduces plant breakdowns
- Allows quality checks and documentation on site
- No conversion between moisture content depending on dry-mass to moisture content depending on total mass necesary
- Automatic averaging
- Menu languages: English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian and many others on request
article no. 11603 humimeter BLW timber moisture meter for professional billing
humimeter BLW timber moisture meter
The water content of round wood and split logs is an essential quality criterion. This is the reason why an exact determination of water content becomes increasingly important. The humimeter BLW timber moisture meter stands out with a high measuring depth, a high measuring range and its robust design. Therefore the humimeter BLW timber moisture meter is the ideal instrument for professional billing based on the water content, e.g. for operators of biomass heating plants and suppliers resp. buyers of round timber and split logs.
Definition water content:
The water content defines the amount of water contained in the wood, related to its total weight.
Handling / measuring procedure
Choose a part of the wood WITHOUT bark, branches, pitch pockets or cracks. Switch on the humimeter BLW timber moisture meter, plug in the sensor cable into the socket and fix it with the knurled nut. Select the right wood type (calibration curve) and drive the ram electrode in the right angle to the grain into the wood. Hold the top of the electrode with one hand and push down the handhold with active force until the desired depth is reached.
The water content can immediately be read off the display and saved via the integrated datalog if required. To increase the measuring accuracy, just effect several measurements and save them. The humimeter BLW timber moisture meter automatically calculates the average of the saved measuring results.
The standard nails of the humimeter BLW timber moisture meter determine the wettest area over the entire measuring depth. Using isolated nails (article no. 11482) only the water content at the top of the nails is measured. Therefore they are used for determining the water content in a defined measuring depth.
The whole metering process of the humimeter BLW timber moisture meter is finished within a few seconds.
humimeter BLW timber moisture meter – YOUR BENEFITS:
- High measuring range up to 60% water content
- Excellent accuracy
- Datalog function
- USB interface (optional)
- ROBUST – best in test!
Request and consultation
timber moisture meter
Interested in this product? Our specialists will be happy to give comprehensive and free advice on product features and technical solutions. Send your inquiry or just call us on
+43 3178 28899