Robust moisture and temperature hay stack probe
of 2 meters length, separable
humimeter FLS robust moisture and temperature hay stack probe
of 2 meters length, separable (for economical shipping)
If the water content of stored hay, e.g. in a haystack, is too high, fungal and bacterial growth may occur.
In these processes, energy is released in the form of heat, which leads to an increase of temperature within the haystack. In the worst case, the temperature inside the hay can rise so much that the hay ignites itself.
The operator of a haystack is obliged to regularly and strictly monitor the stored hay (fire police regulation).
In an emergency, the failure to comply with this monitoring obligation can be punished as negligent arson. Furthermore, the non-compliance with the monitoring obligation can lead to the loss of insurance cover.
With the hay stack probe, the water content of the hay can be measured already before bringing the hay in into the haystack, for example on the loader wagon or in the dryer.
In general, a water content of below 14% is considered to be harmless.
That way it can already be decided before storage whether the hay has to be dried further or if the determined water content allows a safe storage.
The humimeter FLS with a probe of 2 meters length enables to easily check the moisture content as well as the temperature also in deeper regions of the haystack.By a regular and good monitoring, emerging heat spots or moisture spots can be detected and treated at an early stage.
- Resolution 0.1%,
- Measuring range 8% to 30% water content
- Automatic temperature compensation
- temperature measurement: -20°C to +120°C,
- Temperature can be set to °C or °F as required
- measurement within seconds
- Hold function
- manual saving of results of up to 10,000 measuring values with measuring point report
- Supplier´s data management
- large, well-lit LC display
- Dimensions: 740 x 65 x 40 mm
- Weight approx. 450g (with batteries)
- Scope of supply: humimeter FLS with rubber protection cover, grab bar and batteries
- Optional: humimeter USB data interface module with LogMemorizer measuring data recording and analysing software on USB flash drive, printer, test block
- Easy to operate
- Measuring of moisture and temperature
- Automatic temperature compensation
- A new revolutionary powerful moisture measuring instrument using innovative sensor technology
- Menu languages: English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Russian and International
article no. 13950 humimeter FLS Robust moisture and temperature hay stack probe of 2 meters length, separable
Accessories and Extensions
Switch on the humimeter FLS by pressing the ON button for 3 seconds.
After a few seconds, the hay stack probe is ready to be used. The humimeter FLS is readily calibrated, the water content is shown at the illuminated display – there is no need to convert or to look up values in a table.
To determine the temperature and water content, insert the sensor into the haystack. As the measurement is effected in the area around the tip, it is possible to specifically measure at different depths. The probe of 2 meters length enables to detect moisture spots and areas of increased temperature also in deeper regions of the haystack.
You can measure in different positions of the haystack within a short time, or you can leave the sensor in a certain position in order to continuously monitor the drying process and the temperature variation of a critical area.
Comply with the obligation to regularly check the haystack easily and reliably. The measured values can easily be documented at the device. Each measuring value can be stored at the humimeter FLS with the push of a button.
With the optionally available USB interface, the saved measuring values can be transferred to a PC or printed out via the portable printer.
Request and consultation
Robust moisture and temperature hay stack
probe of 2 meters length, separable
Interested in this product? Our specialists will be happy to give comprehensive and free advice on product features and technical solutions. Send your inquiry or just call us on
+43 3178 28899