water activity meter / analyzer
water activity meter
Portable laboratory instrument for determination of water activity (aw value) of food with datalog function.
Suitable for measuring materials like butter, fruit mix, spices, granulate, mushrooms, xylit, flour, biscuits or sausage as well as all other food types requiring a check of the water activity value.
Furthermore, the humimeter RH2 is suited for measuring special material, e.g. plastic granulate or for climatic and environmental applications.
Not suited for juices (syrup), acidic food like vinegar or food and beverages containing alcohol.
- Measuring range 0.03 to 0.98 activity of water
- Resolution 0.001 aw
- Calibration 0.10 to 0.80 +/- 0.01 activity of water
- Calibration 0.00 to 0.10 and 0.80 to 0.98 +/- 0.04 aw (at 25°C)
- Temperature range 0 to + 50°C, calibration +/- 0.5°C (at 25°C)
- Measuring range of relative humidity 0 to 100% rh, resolution: 0.1% rh
- Temperature can be set to °C or °F as required
- Dew point -55°C to + 60°C, resolution 0.1°C, -67°F to 140°F
- Absolute humidity 0 to 130 g/m³, resolution 0.1 g/m³
- Equilibrium moisture content 2% to 30%, resolution 0.1%
- Equilibrium moisture content synthetic granules resolution 0.01 %
- User programmable characteristic curves for calculation of equilibrium moisture content
- Online-function, Hold function, manual data memory
- Automatic datalog for up to 10,000 logs with measuring point report
- Menu languages: English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian and many others on request
- scope of supply: humimeter RH2 with rubber protection cover and batteries
- Optional: humimeter USB data interface module with LogMemorizer measuring data recording and analyzing software on USB flash drive incl. USB cable for PC and printer
- Relative humidity, absolute humidity, dew point, equilibrium moisture content, aw-value
- Long stable humidity sensor
- Easy data storage at the portable moisture meter
- Analysis on the PC and printer available
- Optimal documentation of your quality
article no. 12005 humimeter RH2 measuring device for air humidity
article no. 13700 Activity of water measuring chamber incl. moisture and temperature sensor with 2 meter connection cable
Water activity of food / handling of device
The water activity of products, especially of food, indicates the amount of unbound water in a material. This quality factor, also called aw value, depends on the water vapour pressure in the material, on the current temperature and on the water vapour pressure of the surroundings.
The humimeter RH2 water activity meter enables the quick and easy determination of the water activity. Furthermore, due to the large sample volume of the water activity measuring chamber, higher quantities can be measured within a short time. This enables a higher number of taken random samples.
The simple handling guarantees a cost-saving and faultless process of measuring the activity of water value of food. Just fill the material into the activity of water measuring chamber and close it.
After an appropriate conditioning time (time period until a constant climate in the chamber is reached = moisture equilibrium) the water activity can directly be read off the display of the humimeter RH2 water activity meter.
The time period until reaching the moisture equilibrium strongly depends on the material to be measured as well as on the temperature. Hygroscopic materials like cornflakes assimilate in a considerably shorter time than whole maize grains. In this context it is important that the samples have the same temperature than the measuring instrument resp. the measuring chamber – high temperature differences lead to a longer conditioning time.
This conditioning time depending on the material is a physical phenomenon and cannot be shortened artificially.
Generally, the conditioning time ranges from 5 minutes to about an hour.
The moisture equilibrium is achieved when the displayed measuring value is no longer changing for a period of several minutes (e.g. 10 minutes, changes less than 0.002 aw).
Request and consultation
with activity of water measuring chamber
Interested in this product? Our specialists will be happy to give comprehensive and free advice on product features and technical solutions. Send your inquiry or just call us on
+43 3178 28899